Friday, January 11, 2013

Learn to Try & Try to Keep on Trying! Episode #4


Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

Thomas A. Edison

Friends,
It's still cool here! The day broke out amidst dews and fogs. I love life so far and so long you are with me. The day, like any winter morning, started off lazily. Past three days passed like a breeze. I had training at ATI Campus, Salt Lake. Great experience! But at times I was missing you. I could barely manage time for blogging. I had to travel extra 4 hours each day to reach Salt Lake.

A view of our ATI Campus!!!
ATI Campus, Salt Lake
Is not it always good to learn something new or brush up your skills?
I think so.
I have felt young by heart whenever I started to learn a new skill. A few years ago, I first tried to learn Cake Framework. And it was a real challenge. But I somehow managed to make out the sense of online book of CakePHP. At times I got furious. A very confusing book, say I must. But the framework is a gem! It gets you going within a flash once you adopt the basics. Since then I have developed multiple websites overnight. A few of them contain over forty tables. And I never had any difficulty.

Something about a Cake

Now I have already created a blog on CakePHP. I have shared (or tried to do so) my thoughts on this otherwise awesome framework. I am not an expert. But I get occasional calls from my readers. I get occasional feedbacks. They all say thanks. And that's my two cent.

And Here are the BENEFITS of my Hard Work

Now-a-days, I do not really worry much about project size - number of tables and complexities. I have Cake to make my life simple. Oh! BTW my student, now a Lecturer of  Computer Science at a prime college under Calcutta University has told me to be involved with their software projects. This is something I have dreamed long ago. Presently, I spend my time mostly with guitar. And more so after loss of my sweetheart, Coco. Still, I wish to find time to share my thoughts. And good news is that I have already floated a few ideas, which they liked. So, you see, I could have stopped learning PHP easily after completing my grip with OOPs. I can assure you it is something not as hard as rocket science. But you can implement Object Oriented Programming Model in Cake. First I implemented that concept. I created my own Class library. It would help me a lot. And I was satisfied at that point of time. I could complete projects in time. But I somehow felt the urge to UPGRADE my skill-set. So, I started to learn Cake Framework. And voila. It has now made my coding life even more simple.

Keep Trying

As such, I have believed firmly that there is no harm to keep trying. There is no harm to try something new. You never know what awaits you. I told here stories of my life, which took place nearly three year's ago. Something more eventful was waiting for me. And it tool place only couple of year's ago.

I'll share that story in a day or two!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment