Saturday, January 19, 2013

Arise, Awake & Stop Not Till The Goal is Achieved! Episode #6


Arise, Awake & Stop Not Till The Goal is Achieved!
Swami Vivekananda
I woke up this morning with your thoughts in mind. This was a pretty busy week. I could barely manage any time for posting updates. But I am absolutely workaholic. So, that is a plus point for me. And I enjoy delivering more. Anyway, I could recall our journey to DPS, Newtown. That was one the most memorable moments of my life. And there were still a few more great moments about to come.
Swami Vivekanada

Classical Concert  at Ramkrishna Mission, Golpark

Ramkrishna Mission, Golpark
It was on the 12th Jan, 2013, a beautiful Saturday. It was the birthday of Swami Vivekananda, a State Holiday. A classical concert was arranged by Ramakrishna Mission. We attended both of the morning and evening session. We spent the afternoon session at MuTech. We were mesmerized with charming vocal classical of Ustad Rashid Khan among many others.

Behind the Screen Story of Learning Guitar

I used to visit concerts earlier. And a few years ago I started to learn guitar. My focus somehow shifted towards music once more. This time I felt it was hard to go on without music. And this is the reason I have started to visit classical concerts. I like to play guitar. I am learning a new grammar of guitar, scales, chords, staff notations, leads, etc. etc. And I could take this step for two persons - Arka & Mr. D. Mathews. Years ago one fine afternoon Arka came to my home holding a surprise - a Spanish guitar. He told me he had started to learn it. Great. I admired. I knew that the guy had lost his father recently. And they need something to move. This instrument would surely serve the purpose. He was in fact a great Cricketer. But thanks to National Level politics that he had to skip playing long ago. He told me that the idea came up in his mind all of a sudden. And he purchased the device. And he in fact started to learn it.
Arka

Initially, I thought I would learn something from him. That would be sufficient for me because I really did not have the time for anything else at that point of time other than my Computer Projects. But anyway I started to learn basic chords. I would play his instrument only at that time. Within three weeks, I felt the urge to start learning it. I had never heard of any sweeter note before. I asked him, if Mr. Mathews would teach any elderly student? He also asked Sir, and he agreed to teach me as well. So, I began my journey as the senior most student of MuTech. Since then we two really enjoyed playing together. We have participated in a few local concerts. Learning is a process. And I badly need to learn more. I know and believe. But thanks to God because he gave me the courage to start something new at a later part of my life. And now my life has become more melodious. My days start with tune of guitar. We have started to teach local students in the evening and in the weekends. It helps us to revise our lesson and to keep in touch with music. I can sleep really well after years of insomnia.

Sir D. Mathews
Music has literally changed me. I feel better. I feel confident. And I get to believe the fact that you can try to learn something new at any point of time. There is no age limit to learning. And once you have taken the first step - remember my most favorite quotes of Swamiji - Arise, Awake & Stop Not Till The Goal is Achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment